|November 27, 2012|
|Approximately one hour.|
|Ned Lecky, Ph.D., President, Voyant Vision|
Transportation Imaging will present the challenges involved in bringing industrial imaging technologies into the demanding environments inherent in transportation applications. This webcast will provide the information required to develop highly pragmatic and technologically robust machine vision and imaging systems that will solve real world problems in this arena.
In this presentation you will learn:
● Why consistent image acquisition is of ultimate importance in uncontrolled lighting environments
● How to implement appropriate enclosures and take accessibility/serviceability and location into consideration
● How software algorithms can manage needs such as automatic gain and exposure
● How pattern recognition tools can be implemented to solve specific problems
● What software tools and algorithms are available for various tasks such as metrology and OCR
● How to select the appropriate hardware to support imaging system needs
|Ned Lecky, Ph.D. President Voyant Vision|
Point Grey is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, high-performance digital cameras for industrial, life science, traffic, and surveillance applications. Point Grey offers a unique and comprehensive portfolio of USB3 Vision, GigE Vision, FireWire, USB 2.0 and Camera Link products known for their outstanding quality, ease of use, and unbeatable price-performance. Founded in 1997, Point Grey is based out of Richmond, Canada where the synergies of a broad range of hardware, software and mechanical engineering skills under one roof has allowed Point Grey to successfully bring many innovative and ground-breaking products to market.
Established in 1976, Matrox Imaging is a leading developer of component-level solutions for machine vision, image analysis, medical imaging, and video surveillance. Products include frame grabbers, vision processors, imaging computers, industrial and smart cameras, and application development software. Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Matrox is a privately held company with offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, and Hong Kong. For more company information, visit www.matrox.com.