As part of our Solutions in Vision series, we want to provide our readers with as many resources on imaging and machine vision as possible. As part of this, Andy Wilson, Vision Systems Design Editor in Chief, has compiled a list of educational and informative books on various imaging topics that he personally recommends. Check out this week’s recommendations here:
- Computer Vision - ACCV 2006: 7th Asian Conference on Computer Vision by P.J. Narayanan Shree K. Nayar, Heung-Yeung Shum: The two volume set LNCS 3851 and LNCS 3852 constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 7th Asian Conference on Computer Vision, ACCV 2006, held in Hyderabad, India in January 2006. The volumes present together a total of 64 revised full papers and 128 revised posters papers selected from about 500 submissions. The papers are organized in topical sections on camera calibration, stereo and pose, texture, face recognition, variational methods, tracking, geometry and calibration, lighting and focus, in the first volume.
- Computer Vision and Computer Graphics. Theory and Applications: International Conference VISIGRAPP 2007 by José Braz, AlpeshKumar Ranchordas, Hélder J. Araújo, Joao Madeiras Pereira: This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the International Conference on Computer Vision and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications, Visigrapp 2007, held in Barcelona, Spain, in March 2007. The 18 revised full papers presented were carefully reviewed and selected from a total of 382 submissions.
- Physics Based Vision: Principles and Practice: Shape Recovery by Lawrence B. Wolff, Steven A. Shafer, Glenn E. Healey: Commentaries by the editors to this comprehensive anthology in the area of physics-based vision put the papers in perspective and guide the reader to a thorough understanding of the basics of the field. Paper Topics Include: - Shape from Shading - Photometric Stereo - Shape Recovery from Specular Reflection - Shape Recovery from Interreflection - Shape Recovery from Shadows - Radiometric Analysis of Stereo and Motion - Physics-Based Sensor Fusion.
- Machine Vision: Theory, Algorithms, Practicalities (Signal Processing and Its Applications Series)by E.R. Davies: In the last 40 years, machine vision has evolved into a mature field embracing a wide range of applications including surveillance, automated inspection, robot assembly, vehicle guidance, traffic monitoring and control, signature verification, biometric measurement, and analysis of remotely sensed images. While researchers and industry specialists continue to document their work in this area, it has become increasingly difficult for professionals and graduate students to understand the essential theory and practicalities well enough to design their own algorithms and systems. This book directly addresses this need.
- A Concise Intro to Image Processing using C + + by Meiqing Wang, Choi-Hong Lai: Written by experts in fractal-based image and video compression, this book strengthens readers’ knowledge of fundamentals principles in image acquisition, conservation, processing, and manipulation, improving their ability to apply these techniques in real-world problems. The book begins with coverage of representation, moves on to communications and processing, and concludes with discussions of processing techniques based on image representations and transformations developed in earlier chapters.
View more Solutions in Vision content
Share your vision-related news by contacting James Carroll, Senior Web Editor, Vision Systems Design
To receive news like this in your inbox, click here.