DECEMBER 26, 2008--Two high-performance monochrome models, the 4S and 3V, have been added to the EliiXA range of industrial linescan cameras. The 4096-pixel multiline monochrome camera delivers scene grab rates of up to 54 KHz, or a four times improvement in sensitivity at 18 KHz, and expanded spectral response. The 20-µm center-to-center row spacing used in the color cameras is being applied to full monochrome models to provide an alternative to high-performance 4k linescan cameras. The 4S monochrome model is suited for low light use, an application currently only addressed by TDI cameras. The 3V model's multiline sensor physically operates each individual line; simultaneously at 18 KHz, a patented process re-orders the lines, making the camera behave like a single-line camera. Camera Link interface, various trigger modes, multiple output modes, and bidirectional scanning are standard.
Date: 4 November 2008
e2v unveils monochrome versions of their unique
multi-line EliiXA cameras
e2v today announced the launch of two new high performance monochrome models to its EliiXA range of industrial line scan cameras. The new 4096 pixel multi-line monochrome camera delivers scene grab rates of up to 54 KHz, or a four times improvement in sensitivity at 18 KHz, while featuring expanded spectral response. They will be demonstrated at the VISION 2008 exhibition in Stuttgart from 4th to 6th November at e2v's stand 4.C.16 (hall 4).
EliiXA's unique row spacing (only 20 µm center-to-center), coupled with its wide spectral response, made it a success in the colour line scan camera market. This technology is now being applied to full monochrome models to provide an attractive alternative to the high-performance 4K pixel line-scan camera market.
ELiiXA monochrome cameras will be available in two models: 4S and the 3V:
- The 4S EliiXA monochrome model is an 18 KHz 4096 pixel camera, with extremely high sensitivity, ideally suited for low light use, an application currently only addressed by TDI cameras.
"The 4S EliiXA camera is targeted at requirements traditionally addressed by dual-line and TDI cameras," explained Christophe Robinet, Strategic Marketing Manager for e2v's machine vision products, adding, "When compared to TDI, our EliiXA 4S offers more flexibility in lighting requirements and positioning, plus an increased MTF immunity in sharp variations in web speed."
Whilst the sensor features four sensitive lines, with a "one-line-blind-spot" between each, the overall scene area is only seven lines in height, by comparison to typically 48 to 96 lines with TDI cameras.
- The 3V EliiXA monochrome model can grab scenes running at 54 KHz; making it an alternative for demanding applications requiring both speed and resolution of 4096 pixels, today only served by more expensive CCD TDI or high-end CMOS cameras. While the multi-line sensor physically operates each individual line, simultaneously, at 18 KHz, a patented process re-orders the lines, ultimately making the camera behave like a single line camera.
The EliiXA monochrome cameras are extremely flexible (Camera Link interface, various trigger modes, multiple output modes and bi-directional scanning) and easy to integrate within a system, thanks to their automated balance settings (sensor tap balance, flat field correction, line balance).
In respect to frame grabber interfacing, the 3V model will be seen as a 320 MHz single line camera whilst the 4S model will be managed as an 80 MHz single line camera.
These EliiXA monochrome models are ideally suited to high speed / low light surface inspection (such as wafer, printed circuit board or flat panel display), UV or NIR wavelength scanning (fake currency detection, archiving of sensitive documents, biotech plates reading) and specific web inspection (paper, printing, etc).
Initial prototype units will be sampled at key beta sites by December 2008, while first production units are scheduled for availability by February 2009.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
e2v's objective is to be a global leader in the design and supply of specialised components and sub-systems that enable the world's leading systems companies to deliver innovative solutions for medical and science, aerospace and defence, and commercial and industrial markets.
e2v has 4 major product groups:
• High performance electron devices and subsystems for applications including defence electronic countermeasures, radiotherapy cancer treatment, and radar systems
• Advanced Imaging sensors and cameras for applications including industrial process control, dental X-ray systems, space science and life sciences
• Specialist semiconductors, including logic, memory and microprocessors for high reliability mission-critical programs in avionics, defence and telecommunications, sensor data acquisition, and high speed data conversion
• A range of professional sensing products for applications including fire, rescue and security thermal imaging, X-ray spectroscopy, and military surveillance, targeting and guidance
For the year ended 31 March 2008, e2v achieved sales of £205m and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. In October 2008 e2v acquired QP semiconductor, a leading US-based designer and supplier of specialty semiconductor components used in military and aerospace applications, establishing e2v's first US manufacturing base.
The Company is headquartered in the United Kingdom and has approximately 1800 employees in six production facilities across Europe and North America. e2v also operates a global network of sales and technical support offices, supported by local distributors and resellers.
Further information is available from www.e2v.com