- BNSF Railway Company (Evaluation and analysis of railroad infrastructure and operations)
- Quiet Creek Corporation (Mapping and precision agriculture operations)
- Aetos Group Inc. (Aerial inspection of plant infrastructure)
- Aerial Production Services, Inc. (Aerial photography and inspection)
- Solusia Air, LLC (Telecommunications and utility structure inspection, construction, and maintenance services)
- Mike Johnson (Roof inspections)
- Notus Access Group (Aerial inspections of wind turbine blades and towers)
- Saratoga Aerial Photo and Video (Aerial photography)
- Jeffrey J. Walsh (Aerial acquisition and research)
- Steven Zeets (Aerial acquisition and research)
- EnviroMINE, Inc. (Surface mining)
- Industrial Aerobotics, LLC (Precision aerial surveys)
- Oceaneering International, Inc. (Safety inspections and aerial surveying)
- NextEra Energy, Inc. (Inspections of energy infrastructure)
- Wilbur-Ellis Company (Precision agriculture survey and inspection operations)
- Vision Services Group, LLC (Collect high quality, actionable data for use by agronomists, crop consultants, and forestry professionals)
- Montico, Inc. (Tower inspections and mapping operations to an existing tower structure)
- MicroCopter Professional Services, Inc. (Aerial filming and inspections)
- Aeryon Labs, Inc (Market research, aerial surveys, mapping and inspections)
- Southern Electric Company (Utility – power lines)
- San Diego Gas and Electric Company (Utility – electric grids)
View more information on all Section 333 exemptions.
Additional items of interest
- CNN recently hired HeliVideo Productions, one of the first companies to receive a Section 333 exemption, to get aerial footage for stories about the 50thanniversary of the civil rights march in Selma, AL, USA using a DJI UAV.
- Google’s Project Titan—an endeavor in which solar-powered UAVs from Google-owned Titan Aerospace will be launched to provide Internet access to remote areas—is set to take off.
- Fox Sports recently used UAVs to film motorcycles racing at the Monster Energy AMA Supercross at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi’s Lone Star Unmanned Aircraft Systems Center is testing "ground-based sense-and-avoid technology" for SRC Inc., a company based out of Syracuse, NY, USA.
Share your vision-related news by contacting James Carroll, Senior Web Editor, Vision Systems Design
To receive news like this in your inbox, click here.
Page 1 | Page 2