KINGSTAR 2.5 is an open, plug-and-play software platform for real-time, PC-based industrial motion control and machine vision applications. KINGSTAR 2.5, according to the company, eliminates the need for proprietary, point, and/or hardware solutions for industrial automation motion control and machine vision, and consists of the following components:
- KINGSTAR Soft Motion, which provides a PC-based integrated environment for motion control using EtherCAT protocol.
- KINGSTAR EtherCAT, which provides a real-time interface that enables users to integrate their own motion algorithms or software with an EtherCAT network.
- KINGSTAR Soft PLC, powered by ISaGRAF, which delivers application management and deployment that enables control of assembly lines and machinery.
- KINGSTAR Machine Vision, powered by Matrox Imaging, allows engineers to build interactive applications and functions for image capture, processing, analysis, and more, on GigE Vision, USB3 Vision, and other camera devices.
- IntervalZero RTX64, the foundation of the KINGSTAR platform, replaces FPGAs and DSPs by transforming Windows into a real-time operating system.
To Learn More:
Headquarters: Waltham, MA, USA
Product: KINGSTAR 2.5 software platform
Key Features: KINGSTAR Soft Motion, KINGSTAR EtherCAT, KINGSTAR Soft PLC, KINGSTAR Machine Vision, IntervalZero RTX64.
Share new products that you think are particularly interesting or helpful by contacting James Carroll, Senior Web Editor, Vision Systems Design.