USB3 Vision enables interoperability between Point Grey cameras and Matrox software
Point Grey has announced plug-and-play interoperability between its Grasshopper3 and Flea3 USB3 Vision cameras and Matrox Imaging Library machine vision software.
The USB3 Vision interface standard enables the integration of USB 3.0 cameras, cables, and image processing libraries from different vendors and defines a stream and control protocol. Matrox Imaging recently announced the availability of complete native support for the USB3 Vision camera interface standard in the Matrox Imaging Library (MIL), which lets MIL users take advantage of USB3 Vision cameras in Windows 78 and Windows 8 imaging systems.
With this announcement, Matrox Imaging now provides support for Point Grey’s GigE Vision, FireWire, and USB3 Vision cameras.
"The material support provided by Point Grey was instrumental for developing the native support for USB3 Vision in the Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) and this direct cooperation will continue to enhance the experience of mutual users in the future," said Pierantonio Boriero, Product Line Manager at Matrox Imaging, in a press release.
Check out some recent Matrox Imaging articles:
- Machine vision software enables new vision-guided robotics applications
- Matrox Imaging Library now features native support for USB3 Vision interface
- Matrox Imaging to release new multi-platform machine vision software
Check out some recent Point Grey articles:
- USB CAMERAS AND INTERFACES: Camera and peripheral vendors tout USB 3.0 interface performance
- Latest USB3 Vision camera from Point Grey features enhanced near-infrared imaging
- Wearable glasses enable surgeons to visualize cancerous cells
Current Point Grey customers can download the USB3 Vision supported firmware for all Grasshopper3 and Flea3 USB 3.0 models directly from the Point Grey website.