AUGUST 4, 2009--The DataMan 200 fixed-mount ID reader integrates liquid lens technology, which adjusts the camera's focus by applying an electrical charge to fluid within the lens. The technology provides software-driven autofocus with no moving parts for simplified setup and line changeover. POE Ethernet connectivity allows for real-time data and image transfer, and easier integration with plant controllers and information networks. Lighting, camera, processor, and communications are integrated in a small, industrial-rated housing.
Natick, MA, USA
-- Posted by Carrie Meadows, Vision Systems Design, www.vision-systems.com
Versatile Fixed-Mount ID Readers
Cognex DataMan image-based ID readers represent a breakthrough in combining unmatched code performance (up to 45 reads per second), ease of use, and an extremely small size. Lighting, camera, processor, and communications are all integrated into an exceptionally small industrial housing, making the DataMan fixed-mount readers ideal for the most demanding applications.
DataMan 200 Series Readers
The DataMan 200 Series readers feature the industry leading reading performance of the DataMan readers with the addition of Ethernet connectivity and the world's first introduction of variable focus, liquid lens technology to a fixed-mount reader product.
- POE Ethernet Connectivity - allows for real-time data and image transfer, and easier integration with plant controllers and information networks.
- Optional Variable Focus, Liquid Lens Technology - autofocus isachieved with a single software command; there is no need to manually adjust the focus on the line.
- Laser aiming - easily seen through the entire depth of field, enabling operators to quickly position the code to the reader.
- Integrated - lighting, camera, processor, and communications all in an exceptionally small, industrial-rated housing.
Liquid Lens Technology
The DataMan 200 Series readers are the first and only fixed-mount reading system in the world that feature variable focus liquid lens technology. This optional feature of the DataMan 200 provides greater focal range and ease of setup with extremely fast response times. This unique technology adjusts the camera's focus by applying an electrical charge to fluid within the lens. The liquid lens technology is ideal for applications with variable focus requirements.
- Simplified setup and integration with a single touch software command autofocus
- Expanded reading capability with exceptional depth of field and field of view range
- No moving parts to malfunction or break down with use
- Rugged - resistant to shock, vibration and wear
Easy Setup and Deployment
Initial setup and ease of use are facilitated by the setup tool software common to all DataMan products. The software makes the deployment of readers for new and existing applications simple with an intuitive interface and easy reader configuration.
Common Interface Across all DataMan ID Reader Products. Point-and-click setup displays the image that
DataMan sees, results (decoded images and data), real-time process feedback -- and many more features -- all add up to the most intuitive and complete user interface available.