Basler to Acquire Italian Distribution Partner

May 23, 2022
The move is part of Basler's strategy to transform from a camera maker to a full-range provider.

Ahrensburg, Germany—Basler AG has reached an agreement on the acquisition of the distribution business of its longtime Italian sales partner Advanced Technologies.

The announcement follows a similar move announced earlier this month when Basler AG said it plans to purchase a 25.1% stake in the machine-vision distribution business of i2S, its long-time French partner. That deal is expected to be completed by July 1, 2022. Basler says it plans to acquire the remaining 74.9% stake in i2S on July 1, 2024.

In the case of the Italian sales partner, Basler says the acquisition is expected to be completed in “the short term and is still subject to the legally required consultation and notification procedures.”

In explaining the planned acquisition, Alexander Temme, Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) of Basler AG, says, “Basler has been consistently expanding its range of products and services for a number of years and has transformed from a camera maker to a full-range provider. The acquisition of the distribution business of Advanced Technologies as well as the subsequent planned merger underline this strategy. We are very pleased that in the future, Italian customers will be able to purchase our high-performance and cost-attractive computer vision portfolio directly from one global manufacturer with a very strong regional presence and expertise.”

With 22 employees, Advanced Technologies has been distributing image processing components and solutions for various industries for more than two decades.

Voice Your Opinion

To join the conversation, and become an exclusive member of Vision Systems Design, create an account today!