We asked the industry professionals and they told us what hurts.
To provide our readers with an in-depth, interactive look at the latest trends and challenges facing today’smachine vision and imaging professionals, Vision Systems Design will produce "Solutions In Vision"—a four-month, multichannel event that will deliver exclusive content through our magazine, website, newsletters, social media, and video.
Designed to provide our readers with all of the experiences and benefits of atradeshow/conference the event will be spearheaded by a first of its kind report that illuminates the major pain points of vision systems design, integration, and maintenance. We surveyed approximately 600 industry professionals, mostly consisting of systems integrators, from such companies as Abbott, Beckman Coulter, Boston Scientific, Delphi, Honeywell, KLA-Tencor Corporation, Monsanto Argentina SAIC, Moog Medical Devices Group, Nissan, Philips, Procter & Gamble, Rolls Royce, Samsung, Southern Railway and Walt Disney Imagineering.
After gathering and analyzing data, we presented these results to industry experts, including manufacturers ofmachine vision cameras, software, cabling, lenses and optics, and lighting—asking the expert to address the key problems faced by ours readers. In addition to highlighting the responses to the problems identified in the survey, we will provide follow-up commentary from systems integrators to provide a look at the problems faced by industry professionals today.
“Solutions in Vision is designed to be more than a reader and industry survey," says Andrew Wilson, Editor in Chief, "it will be a comprehensive collection of content, information, and resources for the machine vision and image processing industries." As such, it will also include:
- Individual company microsite showcase pages.Similar to the experience of a tradeshow, individual online company microsite pages will provide readers with the opportunity to learn about the latest products, technology, success stories, and media from participating companies.
- Expert advice.Have a general question about vision systems integration or perhaps a question for a specific vendor? You’ll have the opportunity to do both.
- Informative tutorials and resources.Included on our "Solutions In Vision” page will be various tutorials, including written and video, as well as a list of the latest books on machine vision and image processing.
- Case studies of the latest vision applications.Learn how some of the industry’s systems developers are using vision in their designs.
- Market trends and research.Learn about the state of the global machine vision industry.
- Camera directory. Our Industrial Camera Directory is the only industry resource that lists detailed camera specifications that decision makers need to compare options and choose the right cameras and components for their applications and budgets.
Solutions In Vision is set to begin in September and continue through the end of the year. If you are interested in learning more about the upcoming multi-platform event, please contact us here.
Vision Systems Design, a PennWell publication, is the world's largest brand delivering imaging and machine vision information and solutions for engineers and integrators worldwilde.
Share your vision-related news by contactingJames Carroll, Senior Web Editor, Vision Systems Design
To receive news like this in your inbox,click here.