In 1988, Norbert Basler established Basler as part of his pursuit to use machine vision to revolutionize the quality assurance process. This year, Basler celebrates its 25th anniversary as a global manufacturer of industrial cameras with annual revenues of around 56 million €.
Basler was one of the first companies to put modern CMOS image sensors onto the market, to integrate interface technologies such as Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire, and USB 3.0 into industrial cameras, and to take a leading role in the establishment of image processing standards such as GenICam, GigE Vision and USB3 that have gone on to global success.
Basler in the news:
- Inspection system boxes clever
- Robots Leverage 3D Machine Vision to Handle Auto Parts
- EMVA's GenICam standard working group re-elected board
- Needles inspected by vision
- Infrared scanners help speed boarding
View the Basler press release.
Share your vision-related news by contacting James Carroll, Senior Web Editor, Vision Systems Design
To receive news like this in your inbox, click here.