Stemmer Imaging founder Wilhelm Stemmer announces retirement

Following a business year that ended in a growth rate of 6%, Wilhelm Stemmer, who founded Stemmer Imaging in 1987, has announced his retirement.

Content Dam Vsd En Articles 2017 07 Stemmer Imaging Founder Wilhelm Stemmer Announces Retirement Leftcolumn Article Headerimage File

Following a business year that ended in a growth rate of 6%, Wilhelm Stemmer, who founded Stemmer Imaging in 1987, has announced his retirement.

Stemmer sold his shares in the company and is retiring from the operative business, with AL-KO AG having purchased 75.04% of the shares. The remaining 24.96% of the shares were acquired by Stemmer Imaging’s management team.

"I have been an entrepreneur for 44 years and am now 73 years old. It was time for me to find a sustainable succession plan to ensure the continuation of my life's work," said Wilhelm Stemmer, explaining why he has taken this step. "With AL-KO AG as the majority owner, STEMMER IMAGING will continue to be able to tap into future markets and expand them further."

He continued, "From now on Martin Kersting, who has been a partner in the business until now, will control the fortunes of STEMMER IMAGING as managing director together with Christof Zollitsch, who has been co-shareholder and second managing director since 2001. So I know that the company is in the best hands for the future and I wish both of them and indeed the entire workforce all the best for the future."

For Stemmer Imaging, this past business year (2016/2017), which ended on June 30, 2017, saw a turnover of 88.7 million euros and an exchange rate-adjusted growth of 6%.

"The biggest increase as a percentage was realised by our branches in Finland, the Netherlands and Switzerland," said managing director Christof Zollitsch, explaining the positive result. "It was unfortunate that a substantial growth, especially in the UK but also in Sweden, has been offset due to the depreciation of the local currencies against the Euro."

Caption: Company founder Wilhelm Stemmer with the two newly-appointed managing directors Christof Zollitsch and Martin Kersting.

View a Q&A regarding the Stemmer transition.

Share your vision-related news by contacting James Carroll, Senior Web Editor, Vision Systems Design

To receive news like this in your inbox,
click here.

Join our LinkedIn group | Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

More in Cameras & Accessories