Banner Engineering Corp. (Minneapolis, MN, USA) introduces the iVu Bar Code Reader (BCR), the first industrial touch-screen barcode reader. The iVu BCR reads 11 industry-standard barcodes to facilitate advanced traceability—a critical strategy for ensuring highest product quality in packaging, material handling, pharmaceutical, and many industrial applications.
Sharing the same integrated touch-screen design as the first iVu series model—the iVu TG Image Sensor—the iVu BCR allows users to efficiently configure, monitor and modify an inspection on site. The iVu BCR deciphers bar codes of varying types to verify correct content at production speeds of hundreds of parts per minute—all within a single compact, rugged package.
“After introducing the iVu TG Image Sensor in early 2009, we gathered customer feedback that overwhelmingly indicated a desire for barcode reading capabilities,” said Dan Holste, director of vision at Banner Engineering. “We responded to the needs of our customers with this innovative solution that is both easy to install and support—right on the factory floor. The iVu BCR’s intuitive interface reduces operator training time and allows first-time users to set up complex applications without a PC or external controller.”
The iVu Bar Code Reader enables high-performance reading of industry-standard barcodes, including:
* DataMatrix (ECC 200) barcodes
* Linear barcodes
* Code 128
* Code 39
* Interleaved 2 of 5
Several features of the iVu BCR make it particularly useful in a variety of challenging applications:
* 2.7-in. (68.5-mm) touch-screen display empowers users to configure, deploy, and monitor inspections on the factory floor—without a PC
* Intuitive interface allows new users to have the sensor up and running in minutes, without training
* Software emulator lets users perfect their application and preload parameters offline
* Compact, rugged IP67-rated housing is available with an optional integrated ringlight—offered in red, white, or infrared
* Exposure times as fast as 0.1 ms to ensure reliable performance on high-speed assembly lines
* Three trigger modes are available to suit varying application parameters: External (Single), Continuous, and External (Gated)
For further information, contact Banner Engineering Corp., 9714 Tenth Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55441. PH: 888.373.6767 (Toll-free North America), or 001.763.544.3164 (International). FAX: 763.544.3213. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. E-commerce: www.bannerengineering.com/buyonline.
-- Posted by Vision Systems Design
Banner expands iVu image sensor line for barcode reading applications
Banner Engineering Corp. introduces the iVu Bar Code Reader (BCR), the first industrial touch-screen barcode reader.