IMPERX, Inc., a leading global designer and manufacturer of high quality digital industrial cameras and imaging systems, announces the release of its ruggedized Cheetah 12-MP, 9-MP, 5-MP, and 3-MP CMOS cameras using 2nd Generation Sony Pregius image sensors. The cameras operate with a Camera Linkâ interface for fast frame rates and reliable performance in industrial and inspection applications. The ruggedized design and automatic exposure/gain controls also make these cameras attractive for surveillance and aerospace applications.
The cameras support resolutions from 3 megapixels to 12 megapixels in optical formats ranging from 1/1.8 to 1.1 in. with 8, 10, and 12-bit outputs. The Sony Pregius sensors have global shutters with 3.45-micron square pixels delivering high sensitivity and wide dynamic range up to 71dB. Exceptional thermal design allows 16 second or longer exposure times without the need for forced air cooling.
The compact cameras are only 37mm wide by 48.6mm long and ideal for motion capture and high-quality images in space-restricted applications. The cameras include the easy-to-use IMPERX camera software for configuring the camera to the user’s specific application and imaging objectives:
- The C4120 camera is a 12-megapixel camera using the IMX253 sensor with 4112 x 3008 resolution and a 1.1” optical format. The camera achieves frame rates up to 42 fps.
- The C4020 camera is a 9-megapixel camera using the IMX255 sensor with 4112 x 2176 resolution and a 1” optical format. The camera achieves frame rates up to 57 fps.
- The C2420 camera is a 5-megapixel camera using the IMX250 sensor with 2464 x 2056 resolution and a 2/3” optical format. The camera achieves frame rates up to 97 fps.
- The C2020 camera is a 3.1-megapixel camera using the IMX252 sensor with 2064 x 1544 resolution and a 1/1.8” optical format. The camera achieves frame rates up to 148 fps.
- Global shutter
- Zero smear
- Ultra-low dark current
- Virtually no fixed pattern noise
- Color or monochrome
- Outstanding sensitivity and color reproduction
- Automatic exposure and gain control
- Auto-white balance
- Areas of interest
- Multiple trigger and strobe modes and I/O’s
- Image enhancement
- Field upgradeable firmware