IMPERX, Inc., a leading global designer and manufacturer of high quality industrial cameras and imaging systems, announces the release of the Imperx Tiger CCD camera line with resolutions up to 47MP. Imperx raises the image quality bar by leveraging advanced thermal design with optional forced air cooling for supreme sensitivity and dynamic range in industrial, medical, and inspection applications. Support for Canon EOS lens control coupled with automatic exposure / gain control, enhanced NIR sensitivity, and mid-exposure synchronization make the ruggedized Tiger the camera of choice for aerial mapping, surveillance, and aerospace application.
The Tiger CCD camera line is a ground-up design using the latest component technology and design techniques. The cameras run cooler, use less power, and have reduced noise with significantly improved tap balance as compared to the legendary Imperx Bobcat product line. A simplified feature set combined with an easy-to-use graphical user interface help developers speed integration, reducing time to market. The cameras are offered with Camera Link or CXP interfaces. Ruggedized and Industrial versions of these products let users optimize value by choosing the camera performance best suited to their environment.
“Tiger series cameras are ideal when resolution, image quality, and dependability are important,” Petko Dinev, Ph.D., Imperx founder and CEO. “Tiger has been engineered to provide precision and repeatability for high quality results and all with a simple and easy-to-use software interface.”
The first cameras released in this new series are the T6640 (29MP), T6641 (29MP with enhanced NIR), and T4840 (16MP) cameras, each measuring 69.5mm x 69.5mm x 51.5mm in size. They use ON Semiconductor large resolution CCDs for exceptional imaging performance.
- The T8810 camera is a 47-megapixel camera using the KAI-47051 image sensor with 8880 x 5392 resolution in a 57mm optical format. Frame rates are up to 3.2 fps.
- The T6640 camera is a 29-megapixel camera using the KAI-29050 image sensor with 6600 x 4400 resolution in a 35mm optical format. Frame rates are up to 4.9 fps.
- The T6641 camera is an enhanced NIR version of the T6640 camera.
- The T4840 camera is a 16-megapixel camera using the KAI-16070 image sensor with 4880 x 3232 resolution in a 35mm optical format. Frame rates are up to 7.9 fps.
- Resolutions up to 47MP
- Monochrome, Bayer Color, and Sparse color filter arrays
- Optional forced air cooling
- Exposures up to 16 seconds
- Broad dynamic range up to 70+ dB
- Simplified feature set for ease of implementation
- Camera Link and CXP Output options
- Automatic Exposure and Gain Control
- Canon lens control
- Advanced Trigger and strobes with optional opto-isolated input and/or output
- Image enhancement tools
- Field upgradable firmware