While it wasn’t necessarily the most frequently covered topic of the year, we still covered a number of stories and product releases related to automotive manufacturing imaging.
From a newly designed product suite specifically designed to solve barcode and low-contrast character reading challenges for tire manufacturers, to a new method for utilizing 3D scanners to create a beautiful new Cadillac concept car, we’ve hit on a number of automotive imaging topics.
Here is a look at some of the articles and newly released products that we’ve covered in 2013:
Automotive imaging articles
- Automated vision system creates 3D model of Ford cars to detect dirt in paint jobs
- High-speed camera helps analyze engine fluid flow
- 3D scanners help develop new Cadillac concept car
- Image processing system inspects commercial vehicle brake system
- Robots leverage 3D machine vision to handle auto parts
- GigE cameras vie for diverse applications
Automotive imaging products
- Cognex introduces machine vision systems for tire manufacturers
- Mikrotron’s MotionBLITZ CVR system records video at 560 fps
- Microscan releases wireless barcode readers
- Photron announces FASTCAM Mini UX100 camera
- IDS USB 3.0 machine vision camera with CMOS image sensor from CMOSIS achieves 141 fps frame rate
Also check out:
2013 highlights in vision : Aerospace imaging
2013 highlights in vision : Infrared imaging
2013 highlights in vision : Machine vision camera interfaces
Share your vision-related news by contacting James Carroll, Senior Web Editor, Vision Systems Design
To receive news like this in your inbox, click here.