2017 Innovators Awards: Silver-level honorees
Silver-level award winners of our 2017 Innovators Awards Program are as follows:
- Alkeria: CELERA dual-USB3 camera. Alkeria’s CELERA dual-USB3 camera features CMV2000 and CMV4000 image sensors and reaches speeds of up to 340 fps at full resolution. Powered directly by USB3 interface, the cameras can connect to PCs (including consumer models), eliminating the need for frame grabbers or expensive Camera Link cables.
- Zeiss: AIMax cloud. With the development of the AIMax cloud, a robot-guided 3D point cloud sensor, Carl Zeiss has merged advantages off- and at-line measuring systems into a single in-line application. The 3D measurement system captures high density point clouds to measure industrially relevant geometrical features directly in the production line and in cycle time.
- Edmund Optics: TitanTL telecentric lenses. These lenses contain shims that provide adjustment for variation in camera sensor location, and adjustable iris and a three-set screw lens mount for rotational alignment to the camera. The lenses are designed for 1/1.8", 2/3", 1", and 4/3" image sensors and feature <0.1° telecentricity, and are available in various FOV models.
- Integro Technologies: Cylinder Inspection Station. Integro Technologies designed a custom machine vision inspection system that fully inspects the outer surfaces of tubes for fourteen different quality attributes using area scan, line scan, and 3D vision systems. After classifying each into one of three categories, automated material handling disposition each accordingly.
- JAI: Wave Series WA-1000D-CL Camera. The WA-1000D-CL features a 2 x 1024 InGaAs infrared detector and JAI’s prism line scan technology, which enables the camera to deliver dual-band imaging in the 900 – 1700 nm range. Equipped with a Camera Link interface, the camera can output video at 2 x 8-bit, 2 x 10-bit, and 2 x 12-bit at a line rate of 39 kHz.
- Keyence Corporation of America: Machine Vision System / XG-X Series / All-in-one Line Scan & 3D Solution. The XG-X Series vision system offers a complete, highly customizable and flexible system that can perform area or line scan camera inspection as well as 3D vision measurement and inspection. A new dedicated Keyence programmable encoder allows direct optimization of the encoder settings to obtain 1:1 proportional image required for line scan and 3D vision applications.
- Pleora Technologies: iPORT NTx-NBT Embedded Video Interface. Transmit uncompressed high-bandwidth GigE Vision-compliant images at speeds up to 5 Gb/s over low-cost Cat 5e cabling for distances up to 100 meters. GenICam compliant interface for easy accessing and programming, and 1 DDR3 frame buffer to accommodate multi-mega pixel images.
- Radiant Vision Systems: VIS-I Automated Visual Inspection Station. The VIS-I solution from Radiant Vision Systems is a fully-integrated inspection station that utilizes an imaging photometer, bright field lighting, and programmable software to detect subtle defects on complex assemblies and low-contrast parts and surfaces.
- RDI Technologies: Iris M. Motion Amplification is a proprietary video-processing product and software package that detects subtle motion and amplifies that motion to a level visible with the naked eye. Every pixel becomes a sensor creating millions of data points in an instant.
- SensoPart:Multishot. SensoPart VISOR with Multishot is the first vision sensor integrating multi-directional illumination technology in a self-contained vision sensor package. This illumination technique involves the use of four lights and algorithms that are used to combine multiple images to enhance details that would be difficult to see using standard illumination methods.
- Specim, Spectral Imaging Ltd.: Specim FX Series. The new Specim FX Series hyperspectral cameras, FX10 for Visible Near Infrared Region (VNIR) and FX17 for Near Infrared Region (NIR), give system integrators the tools to utilize hyperspectral imaging for the first time both with the performance and at the cost that meet the industrial requirements, according to the company.
- Vieworks: Hybrid TDI Line Scan Camera. Vieworks VT Series of cameras feature hybrid TDI (Time Delay & Integration) sensors. These sensors combine CCD-based pixel array with a light sensitive and noiseless charge transfer and accumulation process with the fast CMOS readout electronics.
- Xilinx: reVISION reconfigurable vision stack. Included in the reVISION reconfigurable vision stack is a range of development resources for platform, algorithm, and application development, including support for the most popular neural networks, such as AlexNet, GoogLeNet, SqueezeNet, SSD, and FCN. The stack also provides library elements such as pre-defined and optimized implementations for CNN network layers, required to build custom neural networks (DNN/CNN.)
Next page: Gold-level honorees