For the third straight year, Vision Systems Design held its Innovators Awards program, which celebrates the disparate and innovative technologies, products, and systems found in the machine vision and image processing industry.
Submissions to the program were reviewed by an expert panel of third-party judges that consisted of:
- William Schramm, President, PVI Systems, Inc
- Robert Tait, Partner at Optical Metrology Solutions LLC
- Earl Yardley, Director, Industrial Vision Systems Ltd
- Craig M. Borsack, President, G2 Technologies
- David Dechow, Staff Engineer, Intelligent Robotics/Machine Vision, FANUC America Corporation
- Steve Varga, Principal Scientist, Imaging and Instrumentation R&D, Procter & Gamble USA
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Werling, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Mannheim Mechatronik
- Perry West, President, Automated Vision Systems, Inc.
- Tom Brennan, President, Artemis Vision
- Andy Wilson, Founding Editor of Vision Systems Design, Chiltern Editorial Services
- Tom Hermary, President, Hermary Opto Electronics Inc.
Based on the impartial ratings assigned by our judges, awards were assigned in four different levels—Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum—to companies or organizations that demonstrated excellence in a product or technology, an application, or in research and development. Submissions were judged on originality; innovation; impact on designers, systems integrators or users; fulfilling a new market need; leveraging a novel technology; and increasing productivity.
To celebrate our third annual Innovators Awards Program, Vision Systems Design held a reception on the show floor of Automate on April 3, 2017, where many representatives from companies at the show were on hand to accept their awards from John Lewis, Editor-in-Chief of Vision Systems Design.
"This competitive, unbiased program celebrates the most innovative technologies, products and applications in the field of machine vision and image processing," said Lewis. "Both the number and quality of entries were exceptional and would personally like to thank every participant and congratulate the honorees on their awards.
Keep an eye out later this year for information regarding the fourth annual awards program, but for now, let’s get to this year’s list of innovators:
Next page: Bronze level honorees