Microscan completes acquisition of Siemens' Machine Vision Business
OCTOBER 21, 2008--Microscan (Renton, WA, USA; www.microscan.com) has announced the successful completion of the acquisition of Siemens' Machine Vision business.
The acquisition has added more than 60 technology patents and 10 product lines to Microscan's portfolio of precision data acquisition and control solutions. The deal closure date was Sept. 19, 2008. Microscan now provides an extensive product suite forID tracking and traceability, ranging from basic barcode up to complex inspection and measurement. The combined product line integration is underway and Microscan will be exhibiting at the Vision show November 4-6 in Stuttgart, Germany in booth 6D76.
Former Siemens Machine Vision products now transitioned to Microscan include:
- Visionscape software and machine-vision systems for precision inspection and measurement
- HawkEye 1600T fully integrated, one-piece smart camera solution for vision inspection applications
- HawkEye 40 and 50 handled imagers for portable reading barcodes and direct part-mark 2-D codes
- HawkEye 1500 imagers for fixed-position reading and verifying direct part-mark 2-D codes
- I-PAK inspection system for pharmaceutical, food processing, and packaging industries
- NERLITE precision lighting portfolio to enable image processing of any surface
- UID-compliant Data Matrix verifiers
- Industry-specific solutions such as a 96-well plate Data Matrix reader
- Scalable components of vision processor and PC frame grabber boards
Beyond the intellectual property and product line acquisitions, Microscan and Siemens have further agreed to future cooperation related to strategic co-development to bring new automatic identification data capture products to market.