Upgrade to popular StreamPix 4 high speed digital video recording software
Norpix's (Montreal, QC, Canada) new StreamPix 5 single and multiple camera high speed digital video recording software takes the same great capabilities offered in StreamPix 4 and adds an improved and more intuitive interface, along with several important tweaks to functionality and processing speed. These upgrades make StreamPix 5 the most comprehensive and easy to use digital video recording software on the market.
The most significant changes made to the latest edition of StreamPix can be seen as soon as the application is launched. Its interface has been updated in order to fully integrate with the Microsoft ribbon-style look, allowing for easier navigation and more effective organization of tabs, menus and features.
Other new features:
- Additional controls on the display ribbon have been added in order to modify the image display rate, which makes for smoother GUI response when the system is operating under heavy load.
- An application button and quick access toolbar are also now incorporated into the StreamPix 5 feature set, along with a status information area displaying real-time user information.
- Users may assign their own keyboard shortcuts to any StreamPix 5 action, creating a more personalized navigation experience.
- Full-screen views are now available on any monitor, along with the ability to fit an image to a window or vice-versa.
- StreamPix 5 is Windows XP/Vista/7 32 and 64 bits compatible.
- New StreamPix Remote software can control StreamPix 5 on a local network.
- The software can manage as many as 48 high speed video cameras on a single computer, recording each of their inputs digitally either to multiple hard drives or directly to RAM.
- Audio and video synchronization in the AVI format have been improved over StreamPix 4 for high speed applications.
- New Media Streamer Module is included which can use any Windows Media Codec or DirectShow audio/video compressors to allow real time multicast streaming of any Streampix5 supported camera directly to the internet. Infrastructure must support it.
- Video playback can be performed at any speed, with the usage of microsecond-accurate timestamp.
- Same reference time for all camera workspaces.
- Sequence history and thumbnail viewer allow for a multitude of different viewing options.
- Network licensing now an option over USB protection dongle.
- StreamPix 4 will continue to be available for customers who would prefer to keep using it. However, all future updates and software development will be focused exclusively on StreamPix 5. Upgrading from StreamPix 4 to StreamPix 5 costs only $249.95 USD.
NorPix (www.norpix.com) is a leading developer of digital video recording software for acquiring live video directly to hard disk or RAM. User applications of NorPix products include motion analysis, image archiving, flow analysis, medical imaging and web inspection.
-- Posted by Vision Systems Design
Norpix announces release of StreamPix 5
Norpix's new StreamPix 5 single and multiple camera high speed digital video recording software takes the same capabilities offered in StreamPix 4 and adds an improved and more intuitive interface.