A number of different 3D imaging techniques are available for developers who may want to use the technology in their system. These include multi-view stereo with multiple cameras, laser triangulation, depth from focus, and photometric stereo (shape from shading). Each of these methods requires software that must need the need of individual automation applications.
Watch The Webcast
July 17, 2014
Free to attend
In this webcast, our expert speaker Johannes Hiltner, Technical Sales Manager, MVTec, will show how software developed specifically for 3D machine vision plays a decisive role in automation applications. Those planning to tune in can expect to learn about:
- 3D position recognition techniques
- Perspective deformable matching using a standard area scan camera
- Shape-based 3D matching using a standard area scan camera
- Surface-based 3D matching using 3D point clouds
- 3D point cloud processing operations and their applications
This webcast is sponsored by MVTec.
Share your vision-related news by contacting James Carroll, Senior Web Editor, Vision Systems Design
To receive news like this in your inbox, click here.