The Vision Show Startup Competition finalists and judges announced
On Thursday, April 12 at The Vision Show in Boston, the AIA hold its Startup Competition, in which companies utilizing vision and imaging technologies will compete for a chance to win $5,000.
Five semi-finalists will have five minutes each to pitch their technology to a panel of investors and vision experts. In addition to leveraging vision and imaging products, companies should have been around for five years or less, raised less than $2 million since launching, and not be affiliated with a larger group. The five finalist companies at this year’s show are as follows:
- Fastree3D: A company developing next generation LiDAR designed for intelligent automation for vehicles and machines. (Booth 1130)
- Logograb: A company that provides a logo recognition API to detect company logos in large volumes of images and video. (Booth 1031)
- Photius: A company developing "disruptive inspection and mapping solutions" for infrastructure and construction management. (Booth 1033)
- Socialmap: A company developing a social behavior intelligence platform for education and workplace settings. (Booth 1035)
- Vtrus: A companydeveloping autonomous robotic inspectors that can "quickly extract information out of the analog world." (Booth 1134)
The judges for the 2018 Startup Competition are as follows:
- Julian Counihan, Partner, Schematic Ventures
- Vivjan Myrto, Managing Partner, Hyperplane Venture Capital
- Steve Wardell, Director, Imaging, ATS Automation & Vice Chair of AIA
View more information on The Vision Show.