Working group established by EMVA to coordinate European R&D funding
The new working group, established during the European Machine Vision Association annual business meeting, will be coordinated by Toni Ventura-Traveset from DataPixel and has a stimulating list of objectives.
During the last European Machine Vision Association (EMVA; Frankfurt, Germany) conference in Istabul (15-17 April) the idea of starting an EMVA Working Group in European R&D funding was introduced. With interest from several member, a new working group will be coordinated by the EMVA Executive Committee member Toni Ventura-Traveset, general managerof DataPixel (Bilbao, Spain) and has a stimulating list of objectives:
- To define a Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) for machine vision in Europe
- To become active in technology platforms (such as Manufuture, Photonics) and industrial R&D associations like European Factories of the Future Research Association (EFFRA)
- To represent the interests of the machine vision sector with the European Commission
- To become a "contact point" for companies searching potential project partners
- To contact research institutes and universities active in European R&D interested in cooperation with machine vision companies
- To help members to deal with administrative and management issues of European projects
The new EMVA Working Group will meet several times during the year to coordinate and prioritize the different activities. The date and place of the first meeting will be announced soon.
If you are interested in participating in the EMVA Working Group on European R&D Funding, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +49 69 6603 1466.
Posted by Vision Systems Design