The 15th annual EMVABusiness Conference—which will take place June 22-24 in Prague, Czech Republic—is set to bring together nearly 100 machine visionexperts from Europe, Canada, Japan, South Korea, China, and the United States.
At the event, which offers a mix of presentations and networking opportunites, Sony Kapoor, Managing Director of the international think tank Re-Define, will deliver a keynote speech on Europe’s economic climate, while placing a special focus on Brexit. Additional speakers and topics include:
- Professor Vaclav Hlavac, Head of Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics and Cybernetics: Machine vision activities in the Czech Republic
- Ignazio Piacentini, CEO, ImagingLab: Automated camera micro assembly
- Luca Verre, Co-founder and CEO, Chronocam: Bio-insired sensor
- Piet DeMoor, Senior Business Development Manager, Imagers, imec: CCD-in-CMOS time delay integration imagers
- CEO panel discussion (Dr. Jost van Kuijk from Adimec; Frank Grube from Allied Vision; Dr. Dietmar Ley from Basler, and Dr. Albert Schmidt from Baumer): "Camera trends – Low cost competition with Asia or niche strategy."
- Jochem Herrmann, EMVA President: Machine vision standards update
- Giles Peckham, Regional Marketing Director at Xilinx: Fusing programmable logic with common embedded vision
- Lukas Vrabel, Research Team Leader at Seznam.cz: Machine learning
- Adam Kingl, Executive Director of Thought Leadership for London Business School Executive Education: "How to attract, retain and manage generation Y."
Additionally, the EMVA will give out the 2017 EMVA Young Professional Award, which is given out annually to honor the outstanding and innovative work of a student or a young professional in the field of machine vision or image processing.
View more information on the conference.
Learn more: search the Vision Systems Design Buyer's Guide for companies, new products, press releases, and videos