From October 7-10, the Motek international trade fair in Stuttgart, Germany will bring together more than 1,000 exhibitors and 35,000 visitors in the fields of production and assembly automation. The fair focuses on all aspects of mechanical engineering and automation and on the presentation of entire process chains.
As of July 26, more than 60 assembly system fabricators and 40 robot system integrators had registered for the 32nd annual Motek. Other targeted focus areas at this year’s event include automotive manufacturing, machinery and equipment manufacturing, electronics applications, medical engineering, solar production, as well as metal and plastic processing.
Attendees at Motek 2013 can expect to see some of the latest products and developments in assembly technology, handling technology, robot systems, feed and joining solutions, and drives/control/testing, including:
- The Matrix300 barcode reader, which is a multi-application, 1.3MPixel barcode reader which acquires images at 60 fps.
- A30 smart cameras, which feature a 640x480 1/3” CCD image sensor with 7.4µm x 7.4µm pixel size and DSP processors, and are suitable for pharmaceutical and food and beverage inspection.
- The PowerScan PD8590-DPM, which can read codes on plastic, metal, wood, rubber, leather, and glass, and has included software which can automatically cycle different illumination modes to find optimal reading conditions.
- Intelligent bin picking with SHAPESCAN3D from ISRA VISION, which offers a 3D robot guidance application for random bin picking of unsorted materials.
Two concurrent trade shows will be taking place during Motek 2013:
- The 6th annual Microsys, in which the development, production, and applications of nanotechnology and microtechnology will be displayed.
- The 7th annual Bondexpo, in which the process chain of joining/bonding by means of gluing, molding, sealing, and foaming will be presented.
Share your vision-related news by contacting James Carroll, Senior Web Editor, Vision Systems Design
To receive news like this in your inbox, click here.