Vision System Design announces 2016 Innovators Awards honorees
For the second year in a row, Vision Systems Design held its Innovators Awards program, which celebrates the disparate and innovative technologies, products, and systems found in the machine vision and image processing industry. See the full list of this year's honorees here.
For the second year in a row, Vision Systems Design held its Innovators Awards program, which celebrates the disparate and innovative technologies, products, and systems found in the machine vision and image processing industry.
Submissions to the program were reviewed by an expert panel of third-party judges that consisted of:
- William Schramm, President, PVI Systems, Inc
- Robert Tait, Optical Metrologist / Machine Vision at General Electric Global Research
- Earl Yardley, Director, Industrial Vision Systems Ltd
- Adam Phillip, MDA Corporation
- Wes Henderson, Director of Business Development, Hermary 3D Machine Vision
- Steve Varga, Imaging and Instrumentation R&D, Procter & Gamble USA
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Werling, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Mannheim
- Rick van de Zedde, Senior researcher / business developer Computer Vision, Wageningen UR Food & Biobased Research
Based on the impartial ratings assigned by our judges, awards were assigned in four different levels—Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum—to companies or organizations that demonstrated excellence in a product or technology, an application, or in research and development. Submissions were judged on originality; innovation; impact on designers, systems integrators or users; fulfilling a new market need; leveraging a novel technology; and increasing productivity.
To celebrate our second annual Innovators Awards Program, Vision Systems Design held a reception on the show floor of The Vision Show 2016 on May 3, 2016, where many representatives from companies at the show were on hand to accept their awards from Andy Wilson, Editor-in-Chief of Vision Systems Design.
"Recognizing cutting edge technologies and products in the vision industry is the aim of our Innovators Awards program," said Alan Bergstein, Publisher of Vision Systems Design. "This year, I am pleased to note that the Second Annual Awards saw even more companies being recognized for their innovative technologies, products, and systems."
Keep an eye out later this year for information regarding the third annual awards program, but for now, let’s get to this year’s honorees:
Next page: Bronze level honorees