Held every two years, automatica 2018 will feature six exhibition halls that will highlight assembly and handling, machine vision, robotics, service robotics, smart maintenance, and IT2Industry, which will cover topics such as cloud computing and big data, virtual reality, software, and solutions for smart factory. The show is designed to bring specialists and executives in all branches of industry together to learn about the latest developments related to the topics above, as well as learn how you can further automate your production process to cut costs and improve quality. Examples of vision-related products attendees can expect to learn about are 3D sensors and autonomous mobile robots,frame grabbers, and industrial cameras, smart cameras, and machine vision software, among others.
The attraction of the show, according to its organizer Messe Munchen, is not just what it says is the world’s biggest offering of automation components, systems, and solutions, but also the supporting program, which is full of forums, conferences, special shows, and practical demonstrations. Themes included are digital transformation in manufacturing, human-robot collaboration, Work 4.0, service robotics, cloud and big data applications, predictive maintenance, and investments in robotics and automation.
The supporting program’s theme of "Optimize your Production" program, offers varied topics and formats that address trends and innovations, and provide an outlook as well as stimulus for discussion. This program will offer:
- Three forums: The automatica Forum, the IT2Industry Forum, and Investors Day.
- Three congresses: The AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTION Congress, the International Symposium of Robotics, and OPC Day Europe.
- Two Industry 4.0 Demonstrators: Open Platform Communications Unified Architecture (OPC UA) Demonstrators, and the Industrial Application 4.0 showcase.
- Two Industry 4.0 Highlights: Platform Economy—Success with digital business models, and People in the Smart Factory.
- Automatica Demo Park: The Service Robotics Demo Park and the Smart Maintenance Pavilion.
- Workshop of Ideas: automatica Makeathon, Start-up Arena, and Recrutainment.
At the last show in 2016, more than 43,000 visitors from 100 countries, as well as 833 exhibitors from 47 countries, gathered at the show.