Vision Systems Design’s Innovators Awards Program—which recognizes companies that demonstrate excellence in a productor technology, an application, or in research and development—is open for entries until December 21.
At Automate 2019, which will be held in Chicago from April 8-11, we will announce our 2019 Innovators Awards honorees live on the show floor.
>>>Questions? Reach out.
In addition to systems integrators, manufacturers of industrial cameras, camera components, image sensors, machine vision lighting, and more, are encouraged to submit their product, service, or technology for review. Last year, we added categories to distinguish our honorees, which include vision systems, four different camera categories, sensors, software, embedded vision, a research and development/start-up category, and more.Learn more about the new categories here.
Our panel of expert judges consisted of systems integrators, consultants, and academics with years of experience in specifying, designing and configuring image processing and machine vision systems. Last year’s judges included:
- Craig M. BorsackPresident, G2 Technologies
- Tom BrennanPresident, Artemis Vision
- Shawn A. Campion, President and CEO, Integro Technologies
- David DechowStaff Engineer, Intelligent Robotics/ Machine Vision, FANUC America Corporation
- Tom HermaryPresident, Hermary Opto Electronics Inc.
- Dr. Daniel L. Lau, Kentucky Utilities Professor and Certified Professional Engineer, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Kentucky
- Rex Lee, President and CEO, Pyramid Imaging
- Bhaskar Ramakrishnan,Technical Sales Engineer, DWFritz Automation, Inc.
- William SchrammPresident, PVI Systems, Inc
- Robert Tait Partner at Optical Metrology Solutions LLC
- Rick van de Zedde, Senior researcher / business developer Computer Vision, Wageningen UR Food & Biobased Research
- Steve VargaPrincipal Scientist, Imaging and Instrumentation R&D, Procter & Gamble USA
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan WerlingBaden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Mannheim Mechatronik
- Perry WestPresident, Automated Vision Systems, Inc.
- Earl YardleyDirector, Industrial Vision Systems Ltd
- Andy Wilson Founding Editor of Vision Systems Design, European Editor for Vision Systems Design, Chiltern Editorial Services
Submissions are evaluated for:
- Impact on designers, systems integrators, end users
- Fulfilling a need in the market that hasn’t been addressed
- Leveraging a novel technology
- Increasing productivity
Last year’s program saw a record-number of companies in the imaging and machine vision community recognized for their achievement, highlighting the innovation and advancements in the industry.
John Lewis, Editor in Chief, commented: "The 2018 group of honorees provides a great look at where we stand in the machine vision market today, as this year we saw easily the most unique collection of cutting-edge products and solutions in our awards program to date."
View more information on the 2019 Innovators Awards.