VDMA announces new boards for Robotics + Automation and Machine Vision groups
The VDMA has announced its new board members and leaders for both its Robotics + Automation and machine vision groups.
First, Dr. Norbert Stein, Managing Director of VITRONIC, has been elected Chairman of the VDMA Robotics + Automation Association for a three year term. Stein follows Hans-Dieter Baumtrog, Senior Vice President, ATS Automation Tooling Systems, whose term of office ended after three years.
Stein commented on the sector during his inauguration: "Our sector is continuing its growth path. After achieving the 12 billion euro turnover threshold in the current year, we expect a further increase of 5% to 12.6 billion euros in 2016. Our technologies are in high demand worldwide."
Wilfried Eberhardt, Chief Marketing Officer of KUKA AG, was elected Deputy Chairman of the VDMA Robotics + Automation group. The entire new board consists of:
- Dr. Norbert Stein (Chairman) - Managing Director of VITRONIC
- Wilfried Eberhardt (Deputy Chairman) - Chief Marketing Officer of KUKA AG
- Dr. Horst Heinol-Heikkinen - Managing Director of Asentics
- Dr. Olaf Munkelt - Managing Director of MVTec Software
- Cornelia Püschel - Managing Partner of PÜSCHEL Automation
- Dr. Christian Ripperda - Vice President/Technology Director of ISRA VISION
- Stefan Roßkopf- President and CEO, teamtechnik
- Gottfried Schumacher - Director Product Management Assembly Technology, Bosch Rexroth
- Volker Spanier - Head of Factory Automation Division, EPSON Deutschland
- Michael Sträb - Chairman of the Supervisory Board/President of Güdel Group
- Dr. Michael Wenzel - Senior Vice President, Reis Group Holding
Pictured above: Dr. Christian Ripperda, Dr. Michael Wenzel, Gottfried Schumacher, Wilfried Eberhardt, Dr. Norbert Stein, Cornelia Püschel, Dr. Olaf Munkelt, Volker Spanier, Dr. Horst Heinol-Heikkinen. Not in the picture: Stefan Roßkopf, Michael Sträb.
Additionally, as part of the third European Machine Vision Summit, the members of the VDMA Machine Vision group elected a new board. Based on former members’ votes, the board added three additional seats.
From 2015-2018, the following members will drive and guide the activities of the VDMA Machine Vision group:
- Heiko Frohn - Managing Director of VITRONIC
- Horst Heinol - Heikkinen - Managing Director of ASENTICS
- Lou Hermans- Chief Operating Officer of CMOSIS
- Dietmar Ley – CEO of Basler
- Donato Montanari - General Manager Machine Vision Business Unit of Datalogic Automation
- Olaf Munkelt (Chairman) - Managing Director of MVTec Software
- Klaus-Henning Noffz - CEO of Silicon Software
- Christian Ripperda - Vice President / Technology Director of ISRA VISION AG
- Mark Williamson - Director - Corporate Market Development, Stemmer Imaging