Messe Stuttgart has announced the shortlist for this year’s VISION Award, as the judges for have narrowed down the list of 44 entries to six finalists.
The evaluation criteria for the award includes a formal quality of the submission, a technological description, novelty of the application, degree of innovation, significance within the machine vision industry, and significance for an end user. In 2012, the jury selected New Imaging Technologies (NIT) as the winner for its MAGIC 3D stereoscopic vision system. MAGIC 3D vision systems offer real-time high dynamic range stereo vision capabilities suitable for use in industrial safety of automated harvesting applications.
This year’s shortlisted entries are as follows:
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH: A Novel HDR Depth Camera for Real-time 3D 360° Panoramic Vision of Autonomous Vehicles.
- Aphesa SPRL: High temperature, high pressure, color, dual camera with live JPEG compression and HDR capability for oil well inspection
- Gardasoft Vision: Triniti - Expert control of Machine Vision lighting...made easy
- odos imaging: High-Resolution Time-of-Flight 3D Imaging: Machine Vision with Depth
- TAG Optics, Inc.: The TAG Lens
- Xapt GmbH: viewing into nature’s eyes
The award— which will be given out for the 21sttime at a ceremony during VISION 2014 in Stuttgart—is determined by a jury of machine vision experts who choose the €5,000 prize winner from a pool of submissions for the top innovation of the past two years. The pool of judges includes:
- Jens Michael Carstensen (Videometer A/S)
- Hermann Tropf (Vision Tools GmbH)
- Martin Wäny (Awaiba Lda.)
- Dieter-Josef Walter (Daimler AG)
- Michael Engel (Vision Components GmbH)
- Gabriele Jansen, Vision Ventures GmbH & Co. KG
Read more about the shortlisted entries.
Share your vision-related news by contacting James Carroll, Senior Web Editor, Vision Systems Design
To receive news like this in your inbox, click here.